Virtualization is a proven software technology that is rapidly transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people compute. Virtualization dramatically improves the efficiency and availability of resources and applications in your organization. Internal resources are underutilized under the old “one server, one application” model and IT admins spend too much time managing servers rather than innovating.
1. Get more out of your existing resources: Break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
2. Lower datacenter costs by reducing your physical infrastructure and improving your server to admin ratio: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate, power and cooling requirements.
3. Increase availability of hardware and business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
4. Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
5. Improve desktop manageability and security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection.
A virtual machine is composed entirely of software and contains no hardware components whatsoever. It runs its own operating systems and applications as if it were a physical computer. Virtual machines behave exactly like physical computers and contain their own virtual—software-based—CPU, RAM hard disk and network interface card (NIC). An operating system can’t tell the difference between a virtual machine and a physical machine, nor can applications or other computers on a network. As a result, virtual machines offer a number of distinct advantages over physical hardware.
Virtual infrastructure lets you share your physical resources of multiple machines across your entire infrastructure. A virtual machine lets you share the resources of a single physical computer across multiple virtual machines for maximum efficiency. Resources are shared across multiple virtual machines and applications. Combine your servers, network and storage into a unified pool of IT resources that can be utilized by the applications when and where they’re needed. Optimizing this way provides more flexibility and lowers capital and operational costs.
A virtual infrastructure consists of the following components:
Virtual machines are not simply objects to manipulate, but actual computers with real workloads. Managing them just like we manage our physical systems is imperative. By using a comprehensive set of integrated management tools, you can keep complexity at a minimum and streamline operations. A common management environment reduces training, ensures uniform policy application and simplifies maintenance by leveraging your existing software, personnel, and most importantly, your existing IT management process.
60-80% utilization rates for x86 servers (up from 5-15% in non-virtualized PCs)
Cost savings of more than $3,000 annually for every workload virtualized
Ability to provision new applications in minutes instead of days or weeks
85% improvement in recovery time from unplanned downtime
Virtualizing your IT infrastructure lets you reduce IT costs while increasing the efficiency, utilization, and flexibility of your existing assets.
Thank you for submitting your information.
* Indicates required fields.
We may require account set up and/or phone contact to verify legitimacy of request.
Since 1987, PCM has been a leading provider of IT products, services, solutions to businesses, government agencies, educational, institutions, and healthcare facilities.
We provide access to over 300,000 IT products like tablets , notebooks , desktops , servers , storage , and networking from leading manufacturers like Cisco , HPI , Apple , Adobe , Lenovo and Microsoft . With powerful eProcurement tools, comprehensive software licensing solutions and dedicated Account Executives, it's easy to get exactly what you need to tackle your technical challenges.
Embedded Elouqua Script